ARTISTS OPEN HOUSES
Gemini Print, AOH’s print partners and sponsors, are calling all artists with the opportunity to be the monthly face of the The Gemini Print Group 2018 calendar.
Gemini Print are looking for images in any media from artists making connections with the word Gemini, to feature on Gemini Print’s 2018 calendar, which will be distributed to clients and also sold publicly, with all funds going to the local Brighton Starr Trust charity. Gemini Print is committed to using environmentally friendly print methods, as conveyed in its butterfly logo.
For the calendar theme of Gemini you might like to think about the various connotations of the word: Twins (pairs or doubles), Castor and Pollux, constellations of the hemisphere, astrology. Those born under its sign are said to be: Artistic, Intellectual, Individualistic. Gemini is an air sign – the element of butterflies!
You can enter as many images as you like, the more the merrier!
What’s in it for you?
All artists’ work published in the calendar will carry full artists’ credits. The selected artworks will also feature on Gemini Print’s website & social media pages, linking to each artist’s own site or AOH listing.
Please email images for consideration in JPEG or PDF format, to:
Suzanne Heaven: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is Friday 3rd November
Here is the link to last year’s competition winners and background of the calendar: http://gemini-print.co.uk/story-behind-geminis-2017-calendar
ARTISTS OPEN HOUSES
Gemini are proud to be the official print partner to Artists Open Houses for the third year running. ‘Artists Open Houses’ is a festival that runs twice a year and is open to anyone in the 01273-telephone code area.
The festival provides a unique experience for visitors, where you can view an array of work from contemporary and original local artists and makers in their homes, as well as meeting the artists and buying artwork and crafts directly from them.
Print Award 2017
This award is presented by Gemini & open to all designs for print to celebrate the best printed publicity campaign for Artists Open Houses 2017.
- Who: Any art director, designer, illustrator, photographer, typographer or AOH participant.
- What: Only official designs for print developed for AOH 2017 will be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
- Simply e-mail an example of your intended printed communication (leaflets, posters, flyers, postcards and so on) for AOH 2017 by Monday 22nd May 2017 to Suzanne Heaven at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may submit up to 5 JPEGS per entry.
- Please make credits, links and descriptions as complete, legible and accurate as possible.
ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ASSESSED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Eye-catching: Most important will be given to the immediate appeal of the artwork, including impact, originality and style.
- Informative: The quality and design of the information presented on the artwork.
- Marketable: The overall marketing effect of the artwork – why does it make me want to see this Open House/Art Piece?
- Panel of industry experts will select the winner (TBC shortly)
- Deadline for entries is Monday 22nd May 2017
- The winner will be announced the first week in June & will receive £500 worth of printing here at Gemini plus associated publicity
Please note – by submitting work, entrants acknowledge Gemini Print’s right to use the winner’s artwork for general publicity surrounding the award, on website/social media platforms and any related digital products.