On a warm evening, the Brighton Fringe 2018 finale was the awards ceremony held at The Warren. Gemini Print Group Sales Director Mark Tulley announced the following winners of the Gemini Print & Brighton Fringe Best Design for Print Awards 2018.
Ross Dinwiddy who designed and conceived the promotions for Frank Kafka Apparatus, produced by Rich Bright of Blue Devil Theatre.
Mark again highlighted what a tough decision it had been for the judges to select and agree on a winner. He said, “the standard of entry continues to develop every year – all the creative work to promote such a wide range of entertainment has become such a strong feature of the Brighton Fringe, highlighting the skills, innovation and diversity. Gemini Print is proud to be involved with the Brighton Fringe and all involved”.
The shortlist who gained COMMENDED certificates were:
- The Treason Show: designed and conceived by Mark Brailsford
- Last Night at the Circus: created and performed by Jane Postlethwaite. Photography Andy Hollingworth. Graphic Design Chris Okse Oxenbury
- David McIver Is A Nice Little Man: graphic design Sam Nicoresti
- Sussex Symphony Orchestra: art direction Kate Benjamin. Illustrator Huw Roberts, Brighton University
- I Married An Alien Card Sharp: entered by Henry Bruce, Purple Playhouse Theatre. Designer Shaky Kane
- Gayz into Space: Brighton Gay Men’s Choir. Entered by Silvio Grasso
- The Woman Who Conceived The Pill: Brass Tacks Theatre. Produced by Sarah Hickingbottom. Artwork design Vince Haig
- Diva Las Vegas: The Sundaes. Created by E3. Designed by Danilo Raino
Many congratulations from all the team at Gemini Print to the winners and commended and well done to everyone who entered this highly competitive award – every piece of work was a pleasure to review. We look forward to seeing everyone at next years Brighton Fringe.