We are delighted to announce the launch of digital printing here at Gemini West with the Kodak Nexpress 2500 digital colour press. Over the past 18 months we have invested 1.4 million pounds in pre-press, print and finishing. We feel the next natural step for us at Gemini West is to add digital printing to the high quality services we already offer. The Nexpress 2500 will enable us to offer faster turnaround times whilst maintaining our high standards of quality and service.
The Nexpress 2500 can deliver up to 5000 A4 images per hour whilst producing first class unique finishes. We can offer dimensional printing – for example taking a 2D piece of print and transforming it into a life like 3D image with fabulous eye catching textures. It works like embossed printing by adding a ‘raised’, tactile effect to a specific image or text.
Please see below for key features of the Nexpress 2500;
- Consistent image quality
- The best colour solution for the environment
- 5 colour print engine
- 4 standard feeders with total capacity of 11,000 sheets
- 1 high-capacity delivery with total capacity of 5000 sheets
- Standard paper feeding up to 520mm/20.47 in. paper length
- Imaging technology – dry electrophotography at, 600 dpi. Screens include: Classic HD, Classic, Line, Optimum, Supra and Kodak Staccato DX Screening
- Paper Substrates – uncoated, matte coated, glossy coated, cast coated and textured, wood free and recycled
- Special Substrates – uncoated, matte coated, glossy coated labels; paper-backed transparencies; magnetic; photo book paper; synthetics; pre-perforated and scored specialty stocks
- Substrate weight: 60 to 350 gsm uncoated – 80 to 350 gsm coated
Steve Cropper, Managing director of The Gemini Group explains, “This is a fantastic time for us and a great way to start the New Year. At Gemini we believe our expansion in digital printing will help us to perform to an even higher standard and exceed our customers’ expectations. Over recent years we have built up a strong working relationship with Kodak and we are looking forward to sharing this experience with you”.
The expansion at Gemini West will take our group to a grand total of three Nexpress machines. We have had great success with our sister company Gemini Digital based in Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex who are currently running with two Nexpresses. Overall we believe the investment in the new press is a positive move for our customers and the Group.
Please revisit soon for the next update of the Nexpress 2500….